Occupational Health, Safety and Protection of the Environment is considered to be of primary importance and AYS will seek to conduct our business operations in such a way as to avoid causing harm to the environment and to all others who may be affected directly or indirectly by our activities.
Occupational Health, Safety and Protection of the Environment has equal status with our other primary business objectives; safe working practices and due consideration of environmental impacts are our primary concerns with regard to the success of the business.
Occupational Health, Safety and Protection of the Environment is the responsibility of everyone and consequentially forms an integral part of the duties of partners and staff of the business.
- So far as is reasonably practicable, to prevent all accidents and injuries in the workplaces in which our business operates.
- So far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure safe and healthy works environments in which to conduct our business activities.
- So far as is reasonably practicable, to eliminate or minimize environmental impacts which may be directly brought about by our business activities.
- To achieve the highest practical standards of occupational health, safety and environmental protection by compliance with all relevant statutory provisions and approved codes of practice.
- To establish and maintain effective written systems, procedures and plans for managing occupational health, safety and environmental issues and to ensure that all risks are properly assessed, recorded and controlled.
- To ensure that levels of competence of staff are maintained via training, CPD and other methods as required in order to be able to perform all relevant tasks safely.
- To establish and maintain an effective system for monitoring and reviewing health safety and environmental performance in the business.
- To promote amongst staff a general healthy lifestyle and an awareness of all occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- To ensure that any accidents or incidents are properly investigated, recorded and any appropriate corrective actions taken.